Crystal Springs Chapter Membership
Thank you for your interest! Membership in National Charity League, Inc. affords mothers and daughters the opportunities to participate together in philanthropic work, leadership development, and cultural experiences.
If interested in becoming a Member in the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL, Inc.), Crystal Springs Chapter, you must reside within one of the following cities: San Mateo, Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae or Foster City. To become a Member you must be sponsored by 2 Members from our Chapter. If you know someone in the Crystal Springs Chapter, talk to her about specific Membership obligations and the Membership drive timeline. A new class of mothers and daughters are sponsored in the Fall while their daughters are still in 6th grade. Admission into grades 8 through 10 is subject to the same sponsorship rules and is based on space availability. Intent to Sponsor forms must be filled out by November 1, 2017 in order to apply. If you don’t know someone in NCL, Inc., please contact our Membership Drive Co-Chairs, Lisa Kearns at email@example.com or Mei Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearly Membership obligations include:
1. Required hours for Patronesses and Ticktockers (TTs) are 10 philanthropy and 10 league hours for daughters in 7th, 8th and 12th grades; and 15 philanthropy and 15 league hours for daughters in 9th, 10th and 11th beginning May 1st to April 30th .
2. Patronesses are required to serve on at least one committee per year and TTs also have a job every year.
3. Patronesses attend eight regular Membership meetings a year starting in May, June, September, October, November, January, February and March. TTs also attend eight grade level meetings a year and must notify their Grade Level Advisors in advance if it is necessary to miss a meeting.
4. Both Patronesses and TTs are required to attend the Hours & Awards Tea.
5. Provisional Membership Dues: $253 + Number of Ticktockers X $223.
These dues cover the initial fee, awards and hours tea, Senior Recognition fund (graduation celebration after 6 years), ticktocker fund, and T-shirt.
To apply, you must complete and sign the Prospective Patroness Member Information and Agreement Form, which will be available online and due January 29th, 2018.
We will be holding a mandatory informational meeting for all prospective Members and their sponsors on January 11th, 2018 at the Burlingame Main Library from 6-8 pm. In the meantime, your Sponsor and Co-Sponsor will be glad to answer any questions you may have about NCL, Inc.